Is this story fair? Why/why not?
I don't think this story is fair at all. I mean cancer in general isn't fair at all. Also these are too people who really love each other and they both have cancer. What are odds? And the even worse part is that they are both supposed to die. The one who has the higher percentage to die survives and the one with the 85% chance to live dies. How unfair is that?
How does this text make you think about justice in the world?
It makes me think about peoples personalities and luck. You could be the nicest person in the world and have the worst luck. Or does luck even exist? Also you can have a bad attitude and nothing bad really happens to you. Also if you steal something and never get caught. how is that justice? Justice I think is a bigger thing and has to do with more legal issues in the world.
How does this text address the points of view (perspectives) of other groups, especially those who usually don’t get to tell their side?
I think it really tells what people with cancer are really thinking. I learned what they are thinking, also what some stero types on what people who have cancer think about. Like for intense she said they thought of them selves as just side effects.
Whose perspective is missing in this text? What would it be like if we put it back?
I guess they are missing Gus's perspective. Except at the end when he writes letters, but we don't really get to see him otherwise. If he did have more text then we would had known more about his disease earlier.
How does this text deal with individuals and groups? Are the people acting alone and in competition with one another, or does the text help us imagine people working together?
It really developes each character. I feel like the author pairs up characters together. Like the two groups of parents or Gus and Hazel. It lets me look at their realtionship.
How does money figure in this text?
Money is a big issue they want to go to Amsterdamn but dont have money so they have to use a wish foundation. Also medicial bills.
Are there groups you belong to in this text? What do they look like here? If your own groups are missing, what would they say if they were in the book?
Yes these groups are groups that belong in the text. They look like a boy friend and girlfriend relationships. I dont know what they would say it would really be much of a story i suppose.
What really hard things are happening in this text? Are these things happening in the world now? Where?
One really hard things is cancer. And dealing with it and trying to accept you might die any day. Yes they are so many people have to deal with the same thing. It's happening, all around the world.
How different are people allowed to be in this text? Does it assume everyone is happy and good in the same ways?
People have so many different emotions, its hard to identify how their allowed to act. No it does not, it does not really assume anything.
If the character in your book has problems, can you see how those problems are about having or not having money, struggling with others for power, or being cheated or helped by society’s rules?
I feel like she does have problems and she can't afford many things, because she has to pay for hostipal bills.
Who has “power” in your text? How does that power get shown?
I dont think anyone specifically has more power over the charcters in my book.
At what points do you notice yourself resisting the book, characters, or author? What does your resistance say about the book, and what does it say about you?
I want to believe this dosen't actually happen. This is a really sad book and I would be so upset if this really happened to me I would take it horrible, how is Hazel dealing with this death, it dosen't seem realistic.
How does this book help you to think about social issues you care about or causes you are committed to?
Well I have always had a lot of questions about cancer because a few people in my familt have had cancer so I've always been curious. Also it makes me think of how many people really have to go through this and just accept it's their life and they can't do anything about it. They have to accept they may die, they lose alot.
No comments:
Post a Comment