brigid's books

  • Forever
  • A Long Walk To Water

Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Non-fiction article reader response

    The non-fiction article I am doing a response on is  "Forging Path to Starting Line For Younger Disabled Athletes". This article talkes about how disabled athletes want to start to compete with non-disabled pro athletes, insted of just competing against other disabled athletes, but many people do not want this too happen.

  I think that disabled athletes do have a right to compete against non disabled athletes because they want to challenege. Which is great because were always told to challenege ourselves in one way or another. I think that people don't want these group to compete against each other because they are afraid if the non disabled athletes win all the time it will get people mad that the disabled athletes aren't winning and it's not fair.

  Maybe people never thought it would be an honor to compete against pros. That they don't care if they win or loose, they're just happy that they can compete and they are allowed too. That they are finally challenged. They might learn from the pros and who knows one day beat them at their own game?

   So I think that they should be able to compete, you never know how it will go. Really it's not like they are gonna die from this, they just want a chance to compete what's the harm in that? Exactly no harm done.

3 comments:

  1. I liked that you said what the article was about and gave your opinion. I also liked that you said "They don't care if they win or loose, they're just happy that they can compete and they are allowed too." because it made me want to know more about this article.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked how you included your opinion. This article seems very interesting. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this response was great! You gave a lot of background and summary, so it felt like I read the article myself. And, you gave your own opinion too.

    ReplyDelete