brigid's books

  • Forever
  • A Long Walk To Water

Sunday, May 26, 2013

interview: coming of age

Brigid Reilly  - Interview-Mom and Dad

DAD

Q1. Describe your childhood in a few sentences.

A1: "I am the oldest of seven, I shared a bed room with my bother who is 14 months younger for 20 somtehing years, fairly happy childhood spent outside with sports just fooling around most of the time. Thought it was having brothes and sisters because there was always somebody to play with, It was simplier time, less technogolical.

Follow up question: what was the best part of growing up in such a big family?

"Many friends, someone else to play with, lots of cake for birthdays."

Q2: When you were younger what did you wannna be when you grew up?

A2: Fireman

Why?

"The truck"

Q3: Proudest moment

A3: Beating up bully twins who lived in my neighborhood

Why?

"After that they backed off, things changed, I did somthing that alot of people wnated to do to them but never did, I had the courage to do that."

As the oldest of your family did you feel that it was your responsibility to beat them up?

Yes, they treated me and my family badly and other kids badly, so one day I snapped I couldn't take it I was defending my family and my neighborhood.

Q4: How was your relationship with your parents?

A4: "Good, being the oldest I got alot more privilages, I got more responsibilities too. I felt loved by them, they trusted me to help out our family, they made some mistakes of course everyone does being the first born they were new parents they had to make some mistakes to improve."

Q5: Can you compare children and teens from when you were growing up to children and teens now? How are they different how are they alike?

A5: Teens today have it alot harder , bulling, I mean there's always been bullies but now cyber bullying, which can make it even worse. Many status symbols. You have too be yourself. Even though it matters what you wear now and what phone you had. When I was growing up everyone had converse. Everyone wore the same things. Parents today seem to baby there kids or except too much. I don't envy kids I am glad I grew up when  did. They haven't changed too much they still want the same basic things.

No comments:

Post a Comment